Paul Walter Hauser Shares Wife Amy's One Request for His Pro Wrestling Career: 'Come Home in One Piece' (Exclusive) Sean NeumannAugust 29, 2025 at 11:19 PM Kyle Stevens/Shutterstock Paul Walter Hauser Emmy Awardwinning actor Paul Walter Hauser speaks with PEOPLE about his newborn daughter Isla, as w...
- - Paul Walter Hauser Shares Wife Amy's One Request for His Pro Wrestling Career: 'Come Home in One Piece' (Exclusive)
Sean NeumannAugust 29, 2025 at 11:19 PM
Kyle Stevens/Shutterstock
Paul Walter Hauser -
Emmy Award-winning actor Paul Walter Hauser speaks with PEOPLE about his newborn daughter Isla, as well as his upcoming pro wrestling debut for Ring of Honor
Hauser, 38, told PEOPLE his wife Amy only asks that he comes "home in one piece" when it comes to his wrestling career
The Fantastic Four actor explained why he's felt more comfortable in a pro wrestling ring than on a movie set, despite an influx of acting roles in recent years
Paul Walter Hauser's wife Amy has just one request for him when it comes to his professional wrestling career: "Come home in one piece."The Emmy Award-winning actor laughed about his wife's request while speaking with PEOPLE this week ahead of his debut wrestling match for Ring of Honor at this Friday night's "Death Before Dishonor" pay-per-view event in Philadelphia.
"I don't think she knows the ins and outs of pro wrestling yet, but her one rule is come home in one piece," Hauser, 38, told PEOPLE about his newfound wrestling career, while getting packed to leave his home in Atlanta, Ga., for Philadelphia ahead of Friday night's no-disqualification match against Q.T. Marshall.
Hauser, who also has a Golden Globe to his name for his role in Black Bird, spoke with PEOPLE about his life at home with his wife and three children, as well as his growing passion for pro wrestling, which became more serious in 2023 after he participated in his first match for the wrestling company Revolver as an honorary guest.
The The Fantastic Four star and his wife Amy Boland Hauser recently welcomed their third child, Isla, on July 20, and have been "happy" and even more "excited" about life since then.
"I have a 4 year old, a 2 year old, and a newborn now and they're keeping me on my toes and keeping me caffeinated," Hauser smiled through the phone. "It's just been so fun to see their little personalities blooming. And my wife, I feel happy for her that she's getting back to normal and getting to enjoy not being pregnant."
Gary Gershoff/Getty
Paul Walter Hauser
Hauser said his two oldest sons, Harris, 4, and Jonah, 2, immediately took to their new baby sister Isla after her birth last month. "They just love her," Hauser said. "It's super sweet to see them take ownership of her, like my son Jonah, when you give her kisses goodnight he almost, like, pets her like an animal or something. It's very sweet to see."
But five weeks after welcoming Isla to the family, the busy actor is heading back out on the road this weekend for what Hauser described as the biggest match of his wrestling career, which is in an infancy of its own after making his debut with the Los Angeles-based pro wrestling company, Revolver, when veteran Sami Callihan invited him to take part in a charity match.
Since then, Hauser has made dozens of appearances in and around a pro wrestling ring, whether he's wrestling or taking on the role of a commentator for All Elite Wrestling on TBS, where he also first appeared in 2023. Hauser still gets nervous before his matches, but the Fantastic Four actor said he feels ready for this Friday's pay-per-view match with Marshall, a 40-year-old wrestling veteran.
"I definitely think I've gotten enough reps and hours, and I feel like I'm prepared for this, and I'm not going in blindly," Hauser said, noting that he's received training and tips from the likes of pro wrestlers Darian Bankston, Paul London and WWE Hall of Famer Diamond Dallas Page.
In recent years, the Richard Jewell star admits his love for pro wrestling has overshadowed what love he still has for acting, growing up a fan of WWE and other independent wrestling promotions, and later reconnecting with the artform through Ring of Honor, where he'll wrestle Friday.
"I took on this mantra where before every match, before I walk through the curtain out to the audience, I always yell, 'I've been waiting my entire life for this!' and yelling that to myself and reminding myself, like, 'you dreamt of being here,' is such a heartfelt way to center yourself, so you let the excitement take over the nerves," Hauser said. "And I don't really feel that way about other things. I have to say, I'll be doing a role in a movie where I'm playing an icky character of some kind, and it's not fun to play because it's kind of emotionally difficult or something. And so I'm not saying, 'I've been waiting my entire life to do this!' before I act, but I do say it about wrestling with the fondness of a boy with a dream who is now living it out."
The Emmy winner said he's also recently felt more comfortable and inspired backstage at wrestling shows versus when he's on Hollywood sets. "In wrestling, I'm surrounded by a bunch of people who are still chasing the dream with me, whereas in film, I feel like I'm surrounded by a bunch of people who have already reached a certain level of success and I'm still climbing," Hauser said, adding he's also found more tolerance in the pro wrestling community.
"I love speaking out against injustice, I love being myself to the fullest and not being fake or hiding who I am, and I think that the older I've gotten, the harder that is to maintain with a Hollywood career," Hauser said. "In wrestling, you can do that and nobody questions it. In wrestling, they're like, 'well, yeah, cut a promo and talk your sh---!' But in Hollywood, it's just a bunch of people oftentimes being really guarded with what they say and do, and trying to and trying to not stir the pot so as to lose anything they've accumulated."
Kyle Stevens/Shutterstock
Paul Walter Hauser
It's not all roses in a wrestling ring, though. Despite considering himself on the lucky side when it comes to injuries in the ring, Hauser has still had his fair share of cuts and bruises — not to mention four rib fractures from a match last year. "It had hurt just laying down, or breathing, or laughing, or coughing, or sneezing," Hauser said. "It felt like somebody stabbed me."
But Hauser remains in one piece, and healthier than he's been in years since dropping more than 100 pounds since he began training for an in-ring career in mid-2023. And, perhaps a bit more free from the frustrations of being "used a lot but not to the potential that I wish I could" in his acting career.
"And I'll be really honest with you," Hauser said, pausing to reflect. "The emotional pain of Hollywood is exponentially worse than the physical pain of wrestling. And I mean that with every ounce of myself."
on People
Source: "AOL Entertainment"
Source: Astro Blog
Full Article on Source: Astro Blog
#LALifestyle #USCelebrities